Manufacturing Growth Club 👋
If you’re not yet familiar, Clubhouse is the new Wild West of social media. In December of 2020, the social network boasted 600,000 users. Two months later (late February of 2021), that number of users had climbed to 10 million.
And for the record, the manufacturing sector is here. So we’re getting out ahead of it while we can!
We’ve started “Manufacturing Growth” Club. In short, we’re hosting live conversations with manufacturing leaders once per week around a variety of topics related to business development, technology in the industrial sector and growth from a variety of angles.
What the heck is Clubhouse anyway?
Clubhouse is a new, invite-only social network that (currently) can only be accessed from Apple’s iOS (iPhones, iPads). There’s no support yet for Android, unfortunately, but that appears to be on the horizon.
In short, you’ll find live, audio-only conversations happening all the time – and centered around just about any topic imaginable. These conversation are almost like podcasts – but with a live audience that (with permission from the moderator) can join the discussion. Users are free to come and go from conversations as they please.
What’s up next
Currently, we’re aiming for weekly events. Here’s what’s on the horizon.
Event: Building an Online Manufacturing Community
Cohosts: Joe Sullivan, Martin Cloake, Sam Gupta, Todd Clouser
Date: Tuesday 04/13
Time: 4:00 CST
Event Link: Join here from your iPhone
Description: From AI and robotics to welding and fabrication, you’ll find a variety of niche manufacturing communities online. We’ll talk about how to engage your audience in this way and platforms for doing it.
Past events we’ve hosted
- A 3-step Manufacturing Marketing Framework: Here’s an actionable plan for filling your sales funnel in 2021 – another year where trade shows and in-person meetings will be largely sidelined. Panelists: Joe Sullivan, Matthew Sciannella, Chris Luecke
- How Manufacturers Can Leverage Video: With trade shows sidelined and in-person meetings limited, there’s no better time than now for manufacturers to humanize their brands with video. We’ll talk through a handful of ways to do it. Panelists: Joe Sullivan, Jake Hall, Danny Gonzales, Todd Clouser, Nick Tacony
- The Power of Customer Interviews: How often do we make assumptions about what our prospects care about? In this session, we’ll break down methodology for replacing assumptions with insights – right from the mouths of your customers. Panelists: Joe Sullivan, Dave Loomis, Matthew Sciannella, Grace Wright
- Combating the Manufacturing Labor Shortage: PERCEPTION: “Robots are gonna take our jobs!” REALITY: “We can’t find people to do the jobs.” We’ll be talking about where mfgs are going wrong on the hiring front and what they can do differently. Panelists: Joe Sullivan, Jon Franko, Patrick O’Rahilly, Mike Schaefer, Jay Veniard
- CAD Model as Marketing Tool: Blog posts, case studies, white papers, webinars. They all have their place in a B2B company’s marketing strategy. But here’s one that’s unique to manufacturers: The CAD Model. Join us as we talk about how to put it to work. Panelists: Joe Sullivan, Nick Goellner, Adam Beck, Andrew Hood
More to come on this topic as Clubhouse continues to take hold in the industrial sector. It’s what all the cool kids (in manufacturing) are doing. Follow our Cofounder, Joe Sullivan – gorilla76joe – if you’re up and running on Clubhouse already. We’ll send you a link to Manufacturing Growth Club.