An interview on the B2B Executive Revenue Experience podcast
I was recently interviewed by Chad Sanderson, managing partner at the sales training organization ValueSelling Associates and host of the B2B Executive Revenue Experience podcast.
In our episode – “What Makes You the Expert? Harnessing Targeted Content” – we talked about how to use your team’s collective expertise as a vehicle for guiding future customers along their buyers’ journeys.
You can listen to it below or find it here on Apple Podcasts.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Blair Enns from Win Without Pitching talks often about how your job is to guide your buyer to the solution – not persuade them. On the marketing front, you can achieve this by consistently publishing your expertise in the form of resourceful content.
- Lean on the knowledge and experience of the experts inside of your organization to produce content that help and guides your prospects.
- Though much of the content you produce can and should be used for inbound purposes (to reach a large percentage of your total addressable market), think also about how you might create personalized, custom content and deliver it directly to the inboxes of your very best prospects.
- Smart business development doesn’t focus on short-term transactions. You’re in this for the long game. So create value for your future customers during the sales process without asking for anything in return. Focus on having meaningful conversations that build relationships.
- As Chad says in the interview, sometimes you need to “slow down to speed up.” Instead of blasting out generic, canned messages to the masses, take some time to look at who your individual prospects are and what they likely care about. Then craft your message accordingly.