Strategy must precede implementation.
And for that reason, we begin all client engagements with a defined road-mapping process that includes discovery and research before formulating an actionable plan.
From there, we move into execution, whether that means implementing on your behalf, implementing in tandem with your team or purely guiding you.
Here are the details:
Discovery and Road Map
Regardless of your company’s size (or whether you’re an OEM, contract manufacturer or distributor), we start the same way.
Our Industrial Marketing Road Map is a one-month strategy project that costs $7500 and culminates in the delivery of an actionable marketing plan.
Here’s how it plays out:
1. You’ll answer a Discovery Survey that should take roughly two hours to complete. The survey will address our 101-level questions about your business, customer base, buying-process influencers, sales and marketing history and business outcomes you need to achieve. A thorough Discovery Survey will prepare our team and yours for a productive Discovery Workshop, which is the next step.
2. We’ll conduct a half-day (four-hour) Discovery Workshop with your leadership team (CEO/President, VP of Sales, Marketing staff and a few Sales team members) to deepen our understanding of your business.
3. Over the next two weeks, we’ll supplement what we’ve learned with research, formulate our recommendations and craft a documented strategy and action plan (your Road Map).
4. Finally, we’ll reconvene for 90 minutes to walk you through that plan and discuss options for implementation.
When crafting your plan, we’ll take into consideration both your internal resources (staff available to play a role in implementation) and your marketing budget to be sure your Road Map is executable. We’ll also include options for how to get it done:
- If we do all the work for you
- If you do it yourself, under our guidance
- Some combination of these two
Your Road Map will lay the foundation for a results-oriented marketing program that eliminates guesswork and avoids wasted time and money.
Phase One Implementation
With your Road Map in place, it’s time to execute.
Most Phase One Implementations break down into three categories:
- Foundation (Positioning, Website, Technology Stack, Content Strategy)
- Demand Generation (Content Creation, Content Distribution)
- Lead Development (Sales Enablement)
Collectively, these elements will lay a rock-solid foundation for your marketing program, while starting to generate marketing-sourced pipeline as quickly as possible.
A typical Phase One Implementation plays out over nine months and costs between $125K and $175K, broken down as follows:
- Gorilla 76 fees: $90-120K
- Media fees: $20-40K
- Software fees: $10-15K
- Third-party contractor fees: $5-15K
For most of our clients, our team executes a majority of the work. But for some, we serve a consultant and/or coach, providing guidance and helping skill up their internal teams.
Regardless, someone has to physically do the hard work. So you’ll either pay for implementation with your team’s time or an agency budget. Often it’s a combination of the two.
Following a Phase One Implementation, most of our clients move into ongoing engagements with us.
At this stage, our objective is draw on what we’ve learned during Phase One and build a marketing engine that is continuously improving.
We’ll continue to work in nine-month cycles that include rediscovery, plan creation, execution and measurement.
Under the assumption we’re implementing for you, costs typical resemble the following:
- Gorilla 76 fees: $10,000+/month
- Media fees: $3000-5000+/month
- Software fees: $1000+/month
The more your team handles on the implementation front, the lower our agency fees will be.
Note that we don’t require long-term contracts or year-long commitments. Instead we ask for 90 days notice before terminating an agreement. This lets us keep enough capacity from a dedicated team (Strategist, Client Success Executive and Writer) reserved for you.