The Hiring & Retention Road Map
“I’m finding it more difficult to find and retain machine operators.”
“No one wants to tackle the third shift.”
“My workforce is retiring and I don’t know who’s going to replace them.”
Manufacturers like you can’t find enough people to fill the workforce.
And once you get them in the door, retention is just as challenging. Cost for replacement is high and forces your team to start the process all over again.
When looking to hire, you’re probably asking yourself how to:
- Get job posts in front of the right people
- Keep a strong talent pool to pull from when someone leaves
- Ensure a smooth onboarding (and even offboarding) process that reflects company values
- Maintain those values over time and turnover
The answers to these questions look a lot different than they did just 10 years ago. The hiring process has changed, evolved, digitized, whatever you want to call it — and companies need to act accordingly.
To connect with potential hires, you need a modernized hiring process, the right digital tools and value-oriented culture building. With these foundations in place, the right people will find your company and say, “I want to work there.”
What is the Hiring & Retention Road Map?
This service is designed to help your company navigate the ever-changing waters of modern hiring and culture building. We’ll learn about your hiring goals and company culture, then make recommendations of website updates, HR software, review best practices, onboarding improvements and more — all tailored to your company’s needs.
The goal of this package is to help you continue culture-building efforts, retain employees, hire more effectively and get job posts in front of the right people.
How it works
Step 1: Employer Branding Mapping
We’ll start with this 2-hour, $5000 workshop with your president, HR director and other important voices at your company over Zoom or in-person.
Building off information you’ve provided in a discovery survey, we’ll discuss your company’s core values, understand your hiring, retention and culture-building goals and learn what assets you have available (such as video assets and Glassdoor review processes).
After the workshop, our team will interview three to five recent hires and longstanding employees and follow-up on any information not covered in the workshop or interviews.
Step 2: The Hiring & Retention Road Map
Next, our team will put together the HR Road Map, an implementation proposal of next steps for the next four to six weeks to meet your hiring, retention and culture-building goals.
Our recommendations will vary from company to company, but can include:
- A careers page template (click here to see what yours could look like) and development of other HR-related pages, such as a recognition page
- Production of a company culture video (here’s an example or two), employee video bios (like this one here) and other video assets to showcase your team members in action
- Establishing best practices for Glassdoor, Indeed and Google Review requests
- Setting up HR software like OfficeVibe and providing guidance on how best to utilize the tools
- Social media consulting with LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and / or Twitter to demonstrate your company culture online
- A written manifesto (here’s ours) for a formal documentation of company core values
- Core value implementation in places like website copy, job posting language and other relevant messaging. We’ll also look at ways to put these values into action (i.e. who you volunteer with, how you celebrate employee accomplishments) — essentially, helping you take it a step beyond simply stating, “These are our core values.”
- Brainstorms for culture, onboarding and benefit improvements and best-fit recommendations
How we measure success
As you can see from the variety of components listed above, we approach hiring, retention and culture building from all angles — and do so to generate quantified results for your company.
We’ll measure success through:
- Traffic to Careers page
- Growth to social channel followers and interactions
- Application volume growth (specifically qualified ones)
- Acceptance rate of first choices
- OfficeVibe number improvement (learn more about these reports here)
Our approach to hiring and culture building
Throughout the last decade we’ve established ourselves as experts and thought leaders in B2B lead generation and marketing. We apply these same strategies to zero in on your target audience (in this case, the most qualified people in your fields) to build up your bench of first choice hires.
We’ve also built out this process for our own team.
When we hire, we start with a strong pipeline (often more than 100 applicants in some positions) and almost always land our first-choice applicant. OfficeVibe considers an Employee Net Promoter Score from 10 to 50 to be a good score; we’re typically near 50 on average. Turnover is low, also — we’re well under our industry average of 30%. And when someone does leave, we’ve been able to fill their position within four weeks.
Our team is experienced in B2B lead generation and forward-thinking HR practices. We have proven processes in place — and will show you how to generate these results for your company, too.