Thomas Industrial Coatings is one of the largest industrial painters in the United States. They’re a very forward thinking company and look to technology to solve many common day-to-day problems — including business development.
Issue and importance
Despite being an extremely busy and growing business, Thomas knew they could fill some capacity in their workforce. That would mean less downtime for their team, greater profitability and more jobs for their painters. To create lead-generation opportunities for the right types of jobs, though, Thomas needed better exposure in Google for searches related to those jobs. In particular, they identified tank painting as a particular area of opportunity.
Solution and results
We launched a content marketing and search engine optimization strategy focused on a variety of key markets, with a special emphasis on the tank painting market. Results follow:
- 64 percent organic traffic growth in the first half of 2014 compared to the first half of 2013
- 46 percent growth in contacts generated through the website in that same period
- 126 percent growth in entries to the Thomas website through pages related to tank painting (nearly 50 percent being new visitors)
- Ranking on page 1 of Google search results for key phrases, including “tank painting contractors,” “storage tank painting,” “tank painting,” “storage tank coatings” and “water tank painting”
- Consistent stream of tank-painting inquiries originated from searches