An interview on the B2B Sales and Marketing Leadership podcast
I was recently interviewed by Brian Burns on one of his podcasts – B2B Sales and Marketing Leadership.
If you’re in sales and don’t follow Brian on LinkedIn, take a quick break and go do that now. His selfie videos are legendary, as over 130,000 of his followers can attest to!
Although our episode is titled “The 3 Things That Are Working In B2B Lead Generation”, what we really covered was how content marketing and outbound sales fit together. You can listen to it below or find it here on Apple Podcasts.
Here are some key takeaways:
- There are four steps to creating content that resonates with your audience…
- First, focus on your Ideal Customer Profile and build a list of the buying process influencers at those companies.
- Second, craft resourceful content that speaks to what these individuals actually care about instead of blasting self-centered sales messages at them.
- Third, use this content not only for inbound purposes, but to deliver value in your outbound sales campaigns. Dialing in on the best prospects (10-50 companies) and personalizing your outreach to them is more effective than blasting a generic message to hundreds or thousands. So take the time to learn about your prospect and personalize the message. Use lead intelligence tools like Hubspot to understand who’s feeling a pain right now and/or showing signs of buying intent.
- Fourth, amplify the reach of your content with paid advertising by piggybacking on the databases of LinkedIn, Facebook and/or YouTube (Google) to reach these individuals and others that look like them.
- The future of marketing is super exiting with lots on the horizon – from marketing AI (artificial intelligence), advancements in lead intelligence and the increasing ability to deliver hyper-targeted messages to the right people from the right companies.